In this article, you will see how to activate commodity account online. So, you can open commodity account with Zerodha in the following cases.
- You also open an equity account (Trading + Demat) OR
- You have an existing equity account (Trading +Demat)
To open one, you can follow the below account opening guide if you don’t already have your equity account.
Steps on How to Activate Zerodha Commodity Account
If you already have an account with Zerodha, follow the steps below to activate the account.
First of all, download and print the commodity application kit from below.
In the next step, fill in below details in the application form.
- Personal Details (Section A – KYC Form)
- Contact Details (Section B – KYC Form)
- Address Details (Section C – KYC Form)
- Bank Details (Section F – KYC Form)
- Other Details (Section G – KYC Form)
- Demat Account Details (Section I – KYC Form. You can find demat details in Console –> My Profile –> Demat Tab)
- Declaration (Fill in Place & Date)
In the next step, fill in all the other details required. If you wish to nominate someone, fill in the nomination details.
In the next step, attach your photo and sign in all the required places. Also, you need to self attest PAN card copy and income proof. You can submit any one of the following documents as income proof.
- Last 6 months bank statements
- Latest salary slip
- Copy of ITR acknowledgement
- Copy of Form 16 in case of salary statement
- Net worth certificate
- Statement of demat holding
Note: Also, make sure that all supporting documents, such as proof of income, PAN card copy, etc., are self-attested.
Finally, post the documents to address below.
Zerodha HO [#153/154 4th Cross Dollars Colony,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
J.P Nagar 4th Phase, Bangalore – 560078]
Here are some useful links.
- Open Demat Account with Zerodha
- Step by step Zerodha account opening instructions
- Zerodha brokerage calculator
- Zerodha account review in 2020
Hope this article on how to activate zerodha account online helped you.